Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WHAT I WORE : A retro look




I love the dancing in the newsroom. It's the only chance I get to properly photograph my outfits. Annoying. But, anyway. Bored and scrolling through old blog posts I came across some of my fav outfits and dance poses from the last 2 years.......The necklace I am wearing on my back is a piece from Topshop. The dress I think is from New Look. I am still a student studying for my degree in sculpture here! So I have no money! Still managed to throw a welcome home party for a friend in my place. A sushi dinner followed drinking. The brooch I am wearing on my head shaped like a spider is vintage. Clipped onto my American Apparel headband. Look how short my hair was!!! Aw!!! I had just started growing it following a head shave at Xmas that year. Head shaving might sound like epic amounts of fun. Until you remember - you have to grow it out. It's taken me two years to have shoulder length hair. My hair grows too slowly for my liking
I didn't take this for the blog. But it ended up here anyway. I had just returned from a week in London writing a piece on London graffiti. Attended this INSANE Banksy exhibition! But I bought the glasses in Urban Outfitters while I was over there. The lip ring is long gone. But I also have my extensions in as well. Gold headband is from American Apparel and the photo was taken in the upstairs bathroom in my parents house in Cork.
Thift store dress. I loved this. I got rid of it because the slit in the back of the dress was WAAAAY too short and whoever made it made a massive mistake with the lining of the dress. But I do love a good cowl neck dress. It was the perfect size. Can't remember where it went to. Teamed with my trusty bowler hat and doc martin boots. I can't even remember where and what I was up to when it was taken!
My topshop statement shoulder coat. I LOVE this coat. boyish and almost like a blazer. It's my fav. However looking at the length of my hair in this photo it doesn't look like it has grown at all! it's still the same length! My bowler hat looks wonderful. It's getting a bit old now. I bought it 4 years ago. I have worn it constantly since then. It has survived three plane rides, 2 college courses, 5 apartments and 2 city moves. And that's before I detail how many dates it's been on.....
I remember this outfit. First, last and only time I ever wore those leggings. Or that body. It was snowing up a storm outside the newsroom and I dragged my tired ass down to the MAC store to drop off my baby to be fixed. In the body from Topshop which I bought in Cambridge, Dress from River Island belted with my mom's vintage belt. over my leggings from Primark bought for a laugh. Oh and my Docs. 
It was to accompany a blog post about weight loss that I took the photos.  I had also discovered shading for eyebrows which changed my face shape a lot.  I've been thinking about that body recently I might dig it out and wear it again. It's quite nice. If waaaay too big for me. My lips which you can't see properly in this pic - are orange. 
The full outfit. From the blog post on weight loss. 
The statement coat with my sequinned snood over it. Again my lips are orange. Why I don't know. I love that snood. It hurts a little to wear as it cuts your neck a bit. But I love it anyway. it makes an epic hood, shrug, scarf and sling. Snoods.......you know it makes sense!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar