There is some good news here at Comics Fairplay. Comics were on time. I got the Black Canary/Green Arrow Wedding special and Captain America #30 like clockwork. Almost all my other comics were there too, except for World War Hulk #4.
My retailer was shorted seven copies of the book so she was three short for files, including mine. Jim got his copy, but I didn't get one as she was trying to spread them around. The Diamond invoice billed them for 22 copies, but they only got 15. This means I will not be reading World War Hulk #4 this week.
It isn't a major deal, but it is just another example of the "same old crap" that I have come to expect on a weekly basis.
The good news is that I got the Black Canary/Green Arrow "'Til Death Do Us Part" trade paperback and it looks excellent. That will help compensate for the WW Hulk shortage. I can expect my copy next week.
Interestingly, I have read the Wedding Special twice because I keep trying to figure out what it is I feel is missing. It just doesn't feel right to me. It seemed rushed and choppy. I give points to Amanda Conner for her art, but otherwise am underwhelmed. At this point in time, I am convinced that this whole wedding thing is just another plot device in DC's "countdown" to final crisis. The poster for Countdown and the way this played out are telling signs of this.
At any rate, I am going to go sit and relax now and enjoy the books I did get. I have my health and a pretty decent life, so if the worst thing that happened is not getting a comic book, I will be okay. The fangirl in me is a bit uppity, but I am going to medicate her with adult beverages this weekend.
Have a nice night!

0 Yorumlar