This year my focus is two fold. I am adopting two words to be my guide through the year: Joy and Finish. I have some slight ADD tendencies and will start one thing, see something shiny and move to the next without completing what I began. It really does not matter what I am doing. So for the year I want to truly concentrate on beginning and ending things before moving on to something else. (Unless it is something I truly hate, like ironing, and I will give myself permission to stop as often as I like, or continue with my only iron on demand as needed. And just ask me about a clever way to disguise un-ironed napkins for dinner guests.)
Joy is an interesting term. I do not even begin to think I will be joyous all of the time. I am way to much of a smart ass for that. But I do want to look for joy with intent. Every single day there is at least one joyful moment, and I want to end each week of the year recounting the best thing that happened each day to bring me joy. Then at the end of the year I can look backward and see how even on dark, depressing days, there is a glimmer of joy.
This is for me mainly, but you are welcome to come along for the ride, and if you feel like adding some unexpected joy in your life for the week, well, the more the merrier!
Jan. 1 Alabama won the Citrus Bowl which we watched with Son2 and DIL2 followed by NYD traditional "lucky" meal.
Jan. 2 Miserable weather day, but after getting soaked 4 times running about getting things for Mom I came home took a hot shower and put on sweats. Who knew something so simple could be so wonderful?
Jan. 3 Rainy again so we ate grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup at home instead of going on our planned dinner out. We ended the night with some movie watching.
Jan. 4 Fun phone call with Pip then dinner at Bellini's with Son2 and DIL2
Jan. 5 Lovely guests spent the night (Really enjoyed the visit Sluggy and Mr.Slug!)
Jan. 6 Enjoyed morning coffee and conversation with Sluggy and Mr.Slug. Pretty sure the day went downhill after they left, not only because of they left, but the first of several Mom issues happened.
Jan. 7 I woke with a screaming headache but still had to be at Mom's dressed and ready for the day, before the gap time with her sitters, since I had to take her to a dr.'s appointment. The last thing I wanted to do was feel like crap and sit in the waiting room. Luckily her wonderful daytime care giver offered to go into the office in my place. I was able to only have to drive them and help with loading and unloading Mom at the door of the professional practice building attached to the hospital. Then I drove 2 blocks from the hospital to an office building and parked in their almost empty parking lot. I had a sunny spot to sit (eyes closed) and wait for "T" to give me a call when they were done. Thank you "T" for this incredible gift.
Joy is an interesting term. I do not even begin to think I will be joyous all of the time. I am way to much of a smart ass for that. But I do want to look for joy with intent. Every single day there is at least one joyful moment, and I want to end each week of the year recounting the best thing that happened each day to bring me joy. Then at the end of the year I can look backward and see how even on dark, depressing days, there is a glimmer of joy.
This is for me mainly, but you are welcome to come along for the ride, and if you feel like adding some unexpected joy in your life for the week, well, the more the merrier!
Jan. 1 Alabama won the Citrus Bowl which we watched with Son2 and DIL2 followed by NYD traditional "lucky" meal.
Jan. 2 Miserable weather day, but after getting soaked 4 times running about getting things for Mom I came home took a hot shower and put on sweats. Who knew something so simple could be so wonderful?
Jan. 3 Rainy again so we ate grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup at home instead of going on our planned dinner out. We ended the night with some movie watching.
Jan. 4 Fun phone call with Pip then dinner at Bellini's with Son2 and DIL2
Jan. 5 Lovely guests spent the night (Really enjoyed the visit Sluggy and Mr.Slug!)
Jan. 6 Enjoyed morning coffee and conversation with Sluggy and Mr.Slug. Pretty sure the day went downhill after they left, not only because of they left, but the first of several Mom issues happened.
Jan. 7 I woke with a screaming headache but still had to be at Mom's dressed and ready for the day, before the gap time with her sitters, since I had to take her to a dr.'s appointment. The last thing I wanted to do was feel like crap and sit in the waiting room. Luckily her wonderful daytime care giver offered to go into the office in my place. I was able to only have to drive them and help with loading and unloading Mom at the door of the professional practice building attached to the hospital. Then I drove 2 blocks from the hospital to an office building and parked in their almost empty parking lot. I had a sunny spot to sit (eyes closed) and wait for "T" to give me a call when they were done. Thank you "T" for this incredible gift.

0 Yorumlar