Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frugal Happenings 2/21

Happy Sunday all!
What a beautiful day we have.  Yesterday got to 72* and not a cloud in the sky!  Today not as warm (50's) - but sunny at the moment.  Geesh - maybe traces of snow by midweek!
The nice thing about these warm days - is that it is just one more day closer to spring and one less freezing cold day.
Heck on Monday past - we were shoveling snow and by weeks end it was 72.  Crazy stuff.

I spent a lot of time this week doing errands for and helping out the in-laws.  I did find a couple bargains when out shopping for my mother-in-law.  I had no intentions of shopping for myself again this week - but bargains to help stock up my pantry are just no brainers.

  • I colored my hair with supplies I had on hand - and only used 1/2 the box
  • Shoveled snow - FREE exercise
  • I did find cans of sliced black olives (dated 9/2019) on clearance for .59 can.  I got 24
  • I found 1 lb. bags of roasted/sea salt peanuts on clearance for 1.49 ea.  I got 5 (all they had)
  • I also stopped at Dollar Tree and bought 8 shelf stable whole milk ($1 ea.) for our pantry, dated 6/2017
  • We did eat Subway one evening FREE with a gift card
  • All other meals from scratch and from home
  • I got to save .20/gal. on purchasing gas
  • Heat off a couple days and got to air out the house with doors open.  No heat most day hours - using the sun to warm the house.
  • I made hard boiled eggs and a 4 day batch of steel cut oats to add to breakfast menu for G
The Mexican (taco) chicken I made last weekend ended up providing 3 different meals.  Over rice, on top of nachos supreme, and then another day in burritos supreme.  Had Subway another day, tuna patties and mac -n- cheese another, and I made a pot of pork pozole.  I had never made that before, and we loved it.  We have had 2 different meals from it, and there is some left.  I guess for the most part this was our ethnic Mexican week! I could eat Mexican everyday.

So as you can see - nothing much exciting happening here!  That is fine with me, as excitement and drama usually means something bad!!!!  I love my quiet boring life.

How has your past week been?  Did you get any bargains?  Save in any new ways?  Let us know.  I like to consider this a "learning" blog for ALL of us - so new ideas are loved.

May the Lord be with you and protect you in this coming week.
Thanks for stopping by.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar