I decided to join with bloggers Sandra at Dairy of a Stay At Home Mom and Liz at Attempting to Be a Supermom for Happy Homemaker Monday! (I began this post mid-afternoon but didn't get to finish until evening, so I have included an "evening update").
The weather..... The thermometer on my back patio indicates that it is only about 90 this afternoon - very nice for Arizona in July. The rains over the weekend cooled us down here. The sky is overcast - maybe more thunderstorms tonight. (Evening update - the sky cleared to blue with beautiful pink and yellow clouds at sunset. Very muggy but no rain tonight).
Sunset over Phoenix tonight.
Right now I am....Waiting on hold to schedule repair to my home phone. (Evening update - finishing this post after dinner, walk with hubby and a trip to Costco).
I am Thinking.... that I hope someone comes and helps me before the battery on my cellphone runs completely down! (Evening update - someone did eventually come on the line,but my cell phone was giving me a beeping low battery warning).
On my reading pile.... Scriptures, Two textbooks about autism for an online class I am taking, and a little daily devotional book Let Him Ask of God. (Evening update - I really can't get excited about reading those darn textbooks).
On my TV..... I have been watching Glen Beck and The Blaze network while cleaning this morning. I don't agree with everything that is said, but it is always quite interesting. (Evening update - watched about 15 minutes of Judge Judy while I fixed dinner. That has been the extent of my TV viewing today).
On the menu for this week....Quiche, Deli "take and bake" pizza and barbecue beef sandwiches, to name a few things planned. (Evening update - we had the quiche tonight).
On my to do list....Finish mopping this afternoon. (Evening update - yep, got it done).
In the craft basket....The granny square blanket I've been working on for over a year. (Evening update - it is still in the craft basket).
Looking forward to this week....Getting more unneeded items out of the house and garage via Craig's List and a pickup from the Salvation Army. Also looking forward to making significant progress in my class and getting caught up. (Evening update - still looking forward to the same things).
Looking around the house....Lots of laundry hanging to dry in the spare bedroom which we cleaned out and rearranged over the weekend. The furniture from the kitchen (chairs and bar stools) is all int he family room, waiting for me to get the mopping done. Better get to it! (Evening update - mopping and all cleaning finished - house back in order).
From the camera.... A few more favorites from vacation.
Me, my daughter and granddaughter, near the Piedras River in Colorado.
Grandson (age 2), Granddaughter (age 5), hubby and daughter, near the Piedras River.
Sunset over Phoenix tonight.
LDS Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah
View of Temple Square from 21st floor observation deck of LDS Church office building.
View of Temple Square from 21st floor observation deck of LDS Church office building.
Youngest son on the roof of the LDS Conference Center in Salt Lake City.
Hubby's childhood home in Salt Lake City, where his mom still lives. We spent several days visiting her here.
The first home that we bought as a young married couple, in West Jordan, Utah. Youngest son wanted to drive by and see it, even though he never lived there. We had the highest house payment we ever had in this home. We lived there for three and a half years when our two daughters were very little. Sadly, the house has not been kept up, but I am pretty sure the big blue spruce in the front yard is the one I planted there almost thirty years ago.
Late night view of Las Vegas from the 15th floor condo where we stayed one night.
View from the same window the next morning. The area in the foreground where there are only a few trees and telephone polls (the dark area in the night shot) was an apartment complex that was demolished before the real estate crash of 2008. It now still sits vacant. Hubby and I thought it a rather sad sign of how bad the recession was in Las Vegas.


0 Yorumlar