Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Menu Plan For Week of 4/18/16

I can't believe I was just on Pinterest for oh...two hours now...and I'm still kind of winging the menu plan for the week. 

I'm having a hard time staying focused.  I'm feeling more than a little discouraged, depressed and more than a little overwhelmed.  My husband went to the dentist today.  Good news:  They were able to save his tooth.

Bad news:  We are looking at two more root canals and other dental work that they feel needs to be done on my husband's remaining teeth.  Basically, every bit of money we've paid off on dental bills is going to be put right back onto the care credit and we're looking at even more than that. By a decent margin.  So much for that lovely "do not exceed" number we originally got.  That got blown out of the water by a huge margin *sigh*.  Times like this I really wish my husband had just gotten dentures like I suggested, but by this point we're committed to the course of action he decided on, so I just need to suck it up and deal with it.

I spent most of lunch staring into space just feeling soul deep tired. 

I'll feel better tomorrow and hopefully get a better handle on the budget somehow to start putting a lot of money away, somehow...I know I can do it.  I have faith.  Right now I honestly just want to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head, suck my thumb and pretend I'm five *laugh*. 

We do, however, have to eat this week, so the menu plan is as follows for now...

Menu for Week of 4/18/16

Monday:  Loaded Baked Potato Soup (use up some leftover ham in soup).  This turned out pretty good.  Not great, but pretty good.

Tuesday:  Do for yourself night (husband ate random leftovers, I ate leftover soup, my daughter had a cheese quesadilla, and my son had popcorn and tuna salad).

Wednesday:  Pancakes, eggs, bacon.

Thursday:  Pork steaks, applesauce, rice

Friday:  Baked chicken, cranberry sauce, rustic potatoes gratin, stuffing

Saturday:  Leftovers

Sunday:  Club sandwiches (use leftover chicken, pull a little ham from freezer), oven fries.

To Bake/prepare:  Bread, pancakes (make triple batch on pancake night), desserts.  Baking day(s):  Various.

Desserts:  Cake with chocolate frosting, lemon blueberry cake

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar