I bake for family, friends, events and to give as gifts.
I set aside a day as a "baking day"
I do not try to do much else or I will invite stress into my life...
I get my "head into the right space" and this is done with relative ease...
The apron is instrumental it is the uniform of choice and as important as having all the ingredients at hand.
You do not want to be "rushing out" to buy something that you have forgotten or are short of...
plan ahead, make a list, check it twice :)
Dress in comfortable clothing that is flour friendly (no silks or taffeta)
Pearls are fine !
cozy cashmere sox
sip a beverage to keep hydrated...for me it's usually a mug of tea,
roll up your sleeves and follow the recipe...
joyfully !
this recipe is such a reliable basic
an original Scottish recipe from several generations ago
I return to it every year
I do not recommend doubling this recipe
make it as it stands
you can however make several batches
the results are rich and buttery
do not overbake
they "set up" on a rack quite nicely as they cool
If you try this let me know what you think
and don't forget to sample the product when finished
a good cook never serves or gives anything that doesn't meet his or her standards!
P.S.
Look what arrived in the post!
I recently read Michael Tonello's Bringing Home the Birkin
and
I loved it...
he has kindly sent me this signed bookplate
all the way from Barcelona.
I have it on good authority that he is working to a December deadline for his new book
I'll be sending him a proper Thank You note in the post
Michael if you are reading this...
Thanks so much!

0 Yorumlar