As April draws to a close, friends and neighbors are beginning to head north for the summer months. Last week we attended a couple of "end of season" gatherings and will host one ourselves this week. However, my brother's photo from home this morning showed more SNOW in central New York - ridiculous! I miss my parents and siblings (and Wegmans) but don't want to leave Florida any time soon.
Finished this week//
Women in Sunlight by Frances Mayes
This book is a feast for the senses and a virtual trip to Italy. I'll post a book brief in a few days but, in the meantime, go ahead and add it to your summer reading list!
Current reading//
Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
I promised Care I'd give this book a chance and so far, so good. Started it on the beach yesterday and am turning the pages pretty quickly.
In the kitchen//
We loved Charlie Bird's Farro Salad from The New York Times! The farro, cooked in a mixture of apple cider and water, had a delicious nutty flavor. It was tossed with arugula, sliced radishes, and halved cherry tomatoes, then finished with shaved Parmesan cheese. I'll be making it again very soon.
Hope you have a good week. What are you reading?





0 Yorumlar