What a wonderful Thanksgiving Day we had! I snapped this photo when all the food was placed on the table and we were ready to take our seats. Menu: Roasted 28 lb. turkey, sage dressing (by Dayle), candied yams, green bean bake, mashed potatoes, gravy, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, rolls and sparkling apple pomegranate juice.
I had decided to partake of the feast and resume my low carb regimen today, the day after. I did not have a roll! :-)
My favorite memory is when 8 year old Caleb wanted to say a prayer first so before we began our meal he said this - "I want to thank the Indians for teaching us how to make this food, and for my family." Hayden who is 9 said - "I want to thank my great grandfather for fighting in World War II and for this home and family." Then we all went around and said what we were thankful for and mostly we're thankful for each other. :-)
We all pitched in this year to help and it made the preparation so much easier!! Dayle did the dressing and turkey, but our son Shawn chopped the vegetables for the dressing the night before. Shawn and Caleb peeled and cut up the yams and potatoes for cooking. Hayden and I set the table. Kristi made the deviled eggs and did the dishes after dinner. Shawn made the green bean casserole and I put the candied yams together with brown sugar, butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon and mini-marshmallows on top. I also mashed the potatoes and Kristi and I made the gravy together. With all the help, it was the easiest dinner ever!
After dinner we watched a heart-warming movie "Eight Below" about 8 sled dogs that got left on the South Pole during a storm emergency. They were left tied up on a chain to be rescued the next day but the storm closed in and they could not be rescued. The story is about how they fared for 6 months alone. I would recommend this movie.
Today I got this delivery from Wool Warehouse in England! :-) I am going to participate with Lucy at the blog Attic24 in a blanket "crochet-along" making a blanket. Kristi just spotted the bag and said.. "More yarn????" :-D
So, back on track I had warmed up turkey and the green beans only. And I'm off to swim soon, too. Yay me. lol. I hope you had a great day if you celebrate Thanksgiving.. if you don't.. I invite you to try it! You'll like it! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)






0 Yorumlar