Have you noticed how beautiful the wild roses are this year? The sight of them rambling through the hedges round the fields makes the farmer's death all the more poignant because he loved them so.
Sadly, the weather today has not matched their beauty. It has been cloudy, breezy and not particularly warm. Tess and I have had our three walks but can't say I have enjoyed them. Unless it is pouring with rain I don't think she notices what the weather is like.
I went into town to do various jobs, cooked myself some lunch, read The Times (pretty depressing reading at the moment) and packed my obligatory two boxes (thank you Jamie for bringing me another pile of boxes).
Yesterday I emptied my big old freezer. I have had it almost twenty years and now that I am moving I really don't need two freezers as I shall be living alone and having no vegetable garden.
Today a scrap merchant friend came and took it away for me and I must say the space where it has stood for the last twenty years looks much better (and cleaner!) without it.
All I have left to do now is to get half a dozen jig saws from under the stairs to take to a friend tomorrow. She is a keen doer of jig saws and will then do them before taking them to the charity shop. And that will leave another space. Can't be bad. Until tomorrow.....

0 Yorumlar